Chris is a Vice President of Agribusiness Banking. He has a life-long love of agriculture and develops and maintains relationships with agribusiness leaders across the Midwest to explore viable banking solutions. Chris has been in agribusiness lending since 2003 and has a lifetime of experience working in agriculture on his family’s cattle ranch.
Chris started his career at FNBO in technology services before moving to agribusiness banking in 2003. He has a Bachelor of Science (graduated Cum Laude) from Creighton University and a Master of Business Administration from Bellevue University. Chris was a member of the Nebraska LEAD Class XXI. Prior to joining FNBO, Chris was a member of the United States Air Force, where he served as Officer in Charge, then Captain, of the Network Control Center.
Career Path at FNBO
Vice President – Ag Lending, 2008 – present
Second -Vice President – Ag Lending, 2007 – 2008
Agribusiness Loan Officer, 2003 – 2007
Technology Officer, 1998 – 2003
Professional and Civic Affiliations
Chris is a member of several prominent organizations. He’s a member of Nebraska Cattlemen and has served on the CattleFax Board of Directors since 2019. He is also a member of the Nebraska Hall of Agricultural Achievement and holds Honorary Membership with Alpha Gamma Rho.
• CattleFax, Board of Directors, 2019 – present
• Nebraska Cattlemen, 2000 – present
• Mount Michael Booster Club, Board of Directors, 2015-2019
• Omaha Bryan Urban Agriculture Advisory Board, 2012 – 2019
• Lynch Wind Energy Association, Board of Directors, 2011 – 2018
• Nebraska FFA Foundation Board of Directors, 2005 – 2011
• Aldo Leopold Conservation Award Recipient – Nebraska, 2010
• Ag Builders of Nebraska, 2005 – present (Board of Directors, 2006 – 2009)
• St Bernard Finance Committee, 2009 – present
• Honorary Membership Alpha Gamma Rho, 2014
• Nebraska Hall of Agricultural Achievement, 2011
• Senator Mike Johanns Agricultural Advisory Council, 2009 – 2015
• Omicron Delta Kappa, National Leadership Honor Society, 1993
• Alpha Sigma Nu, National Jesuit Honor Society, 1993
Chris enjoys hunting, ranching, and listening to audiobooks.
When asked what he enjoys most about his role at FNBO, Chris responded with “working with some of the best entrepreneurs and business people in the agribusiness arena”. Chris appreciates interacting with the genuine people of agriculture and learning from them. His goal is to help his customers develop solutions to help them achieve their success. Chris also enjoys learning and teaching others about agriculture.
"A single conversation across the table with a wise man is worth a month's study of books" - Chinese Proverbs