With the End of QuickBooks Point of Sale, a Clear Replacement Is Here
By Adam Langdon, Managing Director, Enterprise Banking
On Oct. 3, 2023, Intuit will discontinue production and support of its popular Desktop Point of Sale (POS) product. Since over 80,000 retailers alone use QuickBooks Point of Sale, a large portion of the market is now searching for a replacement.
Intuit is partnering with Shopify to bring an alternative to market, but the resulting solution won’t be the right choice for every business. We’ll discuss a prime alternative in a minute, but before we get there, it’s important to understand the minimum requirements any leading POS system should deliver:
- Ease of use: A point of sale solution should be easy to learn and use, offering an intuitive interface and simplified tools that support fast, efficient interactions.
- Support when you need it: To ensure your company can facilitate sales, be sure any new product offers ample support through the channels you will use most, whether it be phone, text, chat or email.
- Budget friendly pricing: Businesses can face tight margins, so any replacement POS product needs to be affordable and meet your budget.
- Functional across all sales channels and for all payment types: Today’s consumer uses multiple payment methods—including cards, Apple Pay, Google Pay and online systems. To close on any sale, your point-of-sale system needs to support the payment types your customers want to use and integrate physical and web sales.
- Integration with QuickBooks Desktop Solutions: Since the majority of QuickBooks POS customers use the company’s desktop accounting products, finding a solution that offers simple integration with this software is a must. By joining point of sale and desktop solutions, data flows seamlessly between the two products, eliminating the need for duplicative data entry and reducing errors.
As your business seeks a replacement solution for QuickBooks Point of Sale, it’s a good idea to evaluate the capabilities of your current system. Determine what works well and where gaps exist. Then, look for a solution that addresses all these factors. For instance, FNBO Merchant Services cover the functionalities offered by QuickBooks POS and add several modern enhancements.
Introducing FNBO Point of Sale Solutions for Multiple Business Needs
Businesses seeking a replacement for QuickBooks Point of Sale solutions can confidently turn to FNBO’s Merchant Services team. We offer systems that are easy to setup, quick to learn and support a variety of operations. From brick-and-mortar retail to ecommerce and in-person or online restaurant applications, we have businesses covered.
Powered by Clover®, our POS capabilities offer a variety of payment capture devices to suit a wide range of customer needs. Payments are secure, and systems can be easily customized for each user application.
Most importantly, our Merchant Services solutions push beyond the fading capabilities of the retiring QuickBooks product, offering the same core functionality with many additional benefits:
- Easy to use and setup: Systems arrive preprogrammed for basic use, meaning you can get started right away.
- Comprehensive support: Access our POS support teams at any time during the day or night through chat, email and text. Our escalation teams provide support for issues through Zoom or a phone call.
- Integration with QuickBooks products: Easily integrate FNBO Merchant Services with your existing QuickBooks solutions to ensure consistent financial management throughout the transition and beyond. For more complex integrations, FNBO partners with Commerce Sync.
- Simplify vendor management: Invoice vendors and accept credit or debit card payments quickly and easily.
- Clover Sync: Easily sync with other Clover devices to ensure complete capture of all sales and information.
- Platform support: FNBO’s Merchant Services integrate with most common eCommerce platforms, including Shopify, WooCommerce and Magento.
- Inventory management: Gain real-time visibility into inventory levels so you never run out of stock.
- Complete transparency: Automatic reconciliation of in-store and online sales, as well as inventory and customer data, provides the visibility you need to make accurate decisions fast.
- Surcharge and Service Fee Enabled: Options available for passing merchant processing costs on to your customers.
With so many modern capabilities, the hardest part about FNBO’s Merchant Services is deciding which products to use. We’ve simplified that, too. Personal advisors work with you to learn your business and how you operate to determine the best capabilities and solutions for your company.
If you’re ready to join FNBO Merchant Services, it’s easy to get started. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 402-602-2507. We’re always here to answer your questions and help your business get started with more modern and capable point of sale solutions.
About the Author
As the leader of Merchant Services, Adam emphasizes revenue development and growth for area companies, helping to drive business profitability in support of thriving and prosperous communities. He has garnered experience across multiple industries, working with a number of top financial firms to lead merchant service strategies.
The articles in this blog are for informational purposes only and not intended to provide specific advice or recommendations. When making decisions about your financial situation, consult a financial professional for advice. Articles are not regularly updated, and information may become outdated.